Friday 4 November 2011

Developing Logos

Based on my ideas and research on retro typgography these were the logos I developed in Illustrator

This idea uses 'Ballpark' for the Miss V and 'Reklame Script' for the Blue Jays. I was going for that 50s handwritten script style with this logo, whilst including that stereotypical mixture of two typefaces that were common in advertising. I wanted a light-hearted feel which is another reason for choosing a script typeface. I think using two typefaces is appropriate as it allows 'Miss V' and 'Blue Jays' to stand out from each other without putting too much emphasis on one or the other.

Similar to first idea but using a more rigid condensed design for the bottom half. I was inspired by 50s signs for this one and how they mix a script typeface with san-serif typefaces. This design has alot of visual impact and it does project a certain air of glamour about the band, especially with the star there. The typeface for the bottom half is DIN. I chose it because it has that corperate feel which was often associated with 50s advertising and company logos.

This logo is another play on logo designs from the 50s. The curvy borders and use of shadow. The typeface for this design is 'artbrush'. This design is slightly more playful I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment