Monday 7 November 2011

Client Meeting

Today I met with the client and presented my initial ideas for their cover. In order to develop the design further I needed to know which ones they liked, what they didn't like, which features they wanted or changed etc. This is a summary of the feedback I recieved:

  • These two cover were their favourite.
  • They liked the gramophone and the colourful waves coming out of it.
  • They wanted a more defined image of a blue jay on the cover (like the one on the right) instead of the white silhouettes.
  • If I could get the blue jay interacting with the gramophone in some way (flying from or looking in)
  • Doesn't need the border but likes the textured background
  • Liked the vintage theme I was going with
  • Definitely want something this colourful (left design)
And in terms of logo design:
  • These were the two logos they favoured the most
  • Overall they like the one with the banner (right) the most but preferred the typeface used for "Blue Jays" in the first logo. They wanted me to somehow include that typeface into the banner of the other design
  • They're also changing their band name to "Ronnie and the Blue Jays" so I would have to change the "Miss V" for the finished piece.
Based on this feedback I'll be creating a final design proposal for the band which hopefully incorporates all the things my client outlined. I will email them further updated versions during the next week and be in contact more often in order to make sure they're completely satisfied with the final design when the deadline comes.

Overall I felt the meeting was a really positive experience and feel I have a greater understanding of what the band are trying to go for. They said they were very pleased overall and looked forward to seeing the finished version.

No comments:

Post a Comment