Sunday 6 November 2011

Another Cover Idea

This is another idea I came up with recently. I wanted to show the client something a bit simpler in its design. I also wanted to create a cover based around the typography I'd used for the logo. For this idea I used a stylized tattoo style image of a bird (coloured to look like a blue jay) which is a link to rockabilly imagery which is often based on classic tattoos of birds, roses, skulls, hearts etc from the 1950s.

I also experimented with distressed textures for use on the background, just to create that more vintage look about the album cover, as apposed to just filling the background in an off-white colour in Illustrator. I thought this might bring out the illustrations and the type and make the design look less flat. It also could create the illustration that the imagery has been painted onto that surface or written on in ink (in the case of the logotype) further emphasizing the vintage feel that the client wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment